Smithers Ski & Snowboard Club
With strong support from Hudson Bay Mountain through reduced pass rates, our U6-10 entry level program is the ideal way to be introduced to a great sport. Our club focus on Canada Snowboards (CSF) Long Term Athletic Development LTAD. Riders will be introduced to basic riding techniques and skills, develop the ABCS (agility, balance, coordination, strength/speed) in as many different snow conditions and on as much varied terrain as possible, including free riding, gate training, Snowboard-X and Slopestyle.
All our alpine programs follow the LTAD program set out by Alpine Canada Alpin (ACA) and CSCF (Canada Ski coaches federation)
Founded by Canadian Olympic ski champion and shredder Nancy Greene, the Smithers Ski and Snowboard Club U8-10 program is the “FUNdamental” stage for our youngest skiers. With strong support from Hudson Bay Mountain through reduced pass rates, this entry level program is the ideal way to be introduced to a great sport.
SSC Mission Statement
As a professionally directed racing program, the Smithers Ski Club strives to promote the sports of alpine skiing and snowboarding by enabling all if its members the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Promote Sportsmanship
- Promote competition in a fun and safe environment
- Introduce atheletes to all aspects of skiing, snowboarding, fitness and nutrition
- Provide progressive training opportunities for all levels of atheletes
- Produce positive, confident and determined individuals
- Provide open and continuous communication between atheletes, parents, coaches, executive members, coordinators and club representatives
- Strive for commitment and excellence
UpdatedApr 10, 2017
Runs Open: 0
Lifts Open: 0
Last 24 hr.
Total Snowfall361 cm