Price Have Dropped on 2017-18 Season Passes!
This year Hudson Bay Mountain has dropped prices on our Legendary Local season passes. Last year an adult season pass was $719 during the LL sale; this year it is $689; and an adult family pass is $599! All other prices are also lower during this sale as well.
“We’ve dropped our prices to rock bottom so it is more affordable than ever,” said HBMR president Gary Mathiesen. “For the best value of all, if you get your season pass the day they go on sale you have almost two weeks during this season to use it, in addition to next year.”
That’s right! You get to ski the rest of this season for free! Legendary Local Season passes for the 2017/2018 season will be on sale March 27 to May 31.
For more info go to Season Passes »
With the sale of each LL season pass you can nominate the next HBMR Legendary Local.
“We are proud to support our community of Legendary Locals,” said Mathiesen. “Every year, we ask our community to nominate the Legendary Local of the year, and we are pleased to provide that individual with a free pass for that season. It is an important part of the tradition that makes Hudson Bay Mountain Resort a central part of the Bulkley Valley landscape.”
Mathiesen said a Legendary Local is defined as someone who loves to choose the Hudson Bay Mountain Resort in Smithers as their winter playground of choice. They know the mountain, their passion for fresh powder is palpable, and they are respected by our close-knit mountain community for their integrity and personal character.
“They represent the past, present and future of skiing and snowboarding on Hudson Bay Mountain,” he said.
As per the tradition, to nominate next year’s Legendary Local, the nominator must be a holder of a Legendary Local HBMR season pass for next year.
Passes will be sold at Guest Services on the mountain until closing day, April 9, and at the HBMR downtown office at 3866 Railway Avenue.
Mega X April 7 & 8
Join us for the Mega X brought to you by the Smithers Ski and Snowboard Club and Local Supply Co.
Registration is at SSS Club Cabin on April 7 from 11 – 3 and April 8 from :8:30 – 9:30. Races start at the Prairie t-bar at 11 am. Helmets are mandatory.
Enjoy a burger and beverage at the BBQ. Cash only.
33rd Annual Schuss Boomer Downhill Race March 24 & 25
Join us for the 33rd Annual Schuss Boomer Downhill Race.
The fun and registration starts on Friday March 24th at Boston Pizza for a Warm Up Party from 6-9 pm.
Check in is from 8-9 am on Saturday March 25 in the lounge.
The races start at 10 am with the prizes and music in the lounge when the races are done.
Registration is $50 for passholders, $80 for non-passholders and free to watch!
Brought to you by the Smithers ski and Snowboard Club.
Thrilling Thursday March 23 Sponsored by Coca-Cola
Coca Cola ais sponsoring this event and it is gearing up to be a fantastic evening. Come to Whisky Jacks at 4 pm for free appies, games and prizes. Must have a valid day ticket or season pass to win.
Trix in the Stix March 18 & 19
This ever popular event is happening again this year in the Local Terrain Park. Cash prize of $500 is up for grabs, sponsored by BV Insurance!
Open to skiers and snowboarders, boys and girls.
Registration: March 18 from 1-4pm and March 19 from 8:30-10 am at the Smithers Ski Club Cabin.
Event: March 19 starting at 11 am
Awards: March 19 at 4:30
Houston Fraser Lake Community Weekend March 18 &19
Calling all Houston and Fraser Lake residents! Lift tickets are just $25 dollars March 18 & 19, sponsored by Houston Remax and Blast Enterprises!
Show the ticket window proof of residency and you will be riding the mountain for more than half off the regular price! Rentals are just $25 as well. It’s our way of giving back to you and to say thank you for your support.
Joanne Archer will be playing live in Whisky Jacks Lounge starting at 3:30 pm. Fun times! Hope to see you there.
St. Patrick's Day Party with Live Music
Ah, it’s that magical time of year again on Hudson Bay Mountain. Spring break, Spring skiing and to be sure, the best St. Patrick’s Day party ever on Friday, March 17! Live Irish music with the brilliant Vancouver Celtic Band, Sloe Gin. The show starts at 3 pm in Whiskey Jacks Lounge.
There is no cover charge and there is a free shuttle running from 3 – midnight!
There will be 2 shuttle options:
The Moose Mountain Bus will leave Bugwood Bean at 3 pm with the last run down at 10:30 pm.
The Coast Mountain GM Shuttle picks up at Bugwood Bean at 6 pm and runs regularly until midnight. They will even take you to your door if you live between Moricetown and Telkwa!
Mark your calendar, break out your green duds and make tracks to Whisky Jacks on March 17 to experience a real Hudson Bay Mountain Resort St. Patrick’s Day celebration!
Night Skiing and Boarding
Come out and ride the Panorama T-bar from 4-7 pm on Friday March 25 and April 1! The kitchen will be open so take some runs and have a bite to eat.
Tickets are $20 or $5 with a valid day ticket. No extra charge for passholders. So come up after work and enjoy the late runs on the mountain.
Thrilling Thursday March 16 Sponsored by Bulkley Adventures and Geotech
Bulkley Adventure Tours and Geotech are sponsoring this event and it is gearing up for a fantastic evening! Come to Whisky Jacks at 4 pm for free appies, fun games and great prizes.
Must have a valid day ticket or season pass to win.
Thanks to our sponsors:
Lift Operator Job Opportunity
REPORTS TO: Lift Operations Lead, Mountain Operations Manager
SUMMARY: Our Lift Host Team is the front line of Guest interactions and experience at Hudson Bay Mountain Resort. The Lift Host Team will have the most amounts of interactions with our guest during their visit and can make the biggest difference between a satisfactory guest experience and an exceptional one; the smallest details can make the biggest impact. As a member of Lift Host Team you are expected to be neat in appearance, courteous and polite at all times to Guests and Team Members. Lift Operators are also often called to help in other areas and departments, so be prepared for any task any place at any time.
• Adherence to all operational and safety procedures, thus ensuring safe operation of lifts
• Smiling and providing a high quality, friendly and cooperative relationship with our guests, suppliers, vendors and all other mountain team
• Communicating effectively by two-way radio, using HBMR protocols
• Checking lift tickets and passes diligently as well as recording and reporting people who violate rules of the lifts and the “Mountain Responsibility Code”
• Knowing the different types of passes and how to tell a fake or misused pass
• General housekeeping and maintenance of all operational aspects of assigned lift, including, but not limited to: ramps, mazes, line control, tools and signs & any required shoveling of snow & snow maintenance (be it at a lift station or elsewhere on the mountain)
• Ensuring area is groomed, uncluttered and litter free in and around the lift station
• Neat, accurate, and complete record keeping everyday
• Reporting any hazards or concerns to the Lift Operations Lead or a Manager
• Complying with all procedures and policies as set out in the HBMR Team Manual
• Carrying out duties with the highest level of professionalism and courtesy
• Have and promote good interdepartmental relations
• All other duties as required
• Excellent guest service skills, always looking to improve the guests experience
• Being a team player, having a cooperative, helpful and friendly attitude
• Strong communication skills, being able to relay information in a concise clear way
• Good physical condition
• Mature, energetic, dependable
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to reason and react with quick, thoughtful judgment
• Ability to work in adverse conditions
• Ability to ski or snowboard at an intermediate (or better) level
• Be neat, clean and alert!
All members of the Lift Operations Team are expected to complete and file paperwork on a daily basis. This must be done in a neat, orderly and consistent manner!
Send Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop one by the office at 3866 Railway Ave.» HBM Estates News
UpdatedMar 24, 2017
Runs Open: 32 of 36
Lifts Open: 3 of 4
Last 24 hr.
Total Snowfall336 cm